Yantai Steel Pipe Factory shares how to ensure the welding quality of thick walled steel pipes
Thick walled steel pipes refer to steel pipes with a ratio of outer diameter to wall thickness less than 20 as thick walled steel pipes. Mainly used for petroleum geological drilling pipes, cracking pipes for petrochemical industry, boiler pipes, bearing pipes, as well as high-precision structural pipes for automobiles, tractors, and aviation. So how to ensure the quality of welding thick walled steel pipes? Below, Yantai Steel Pipe Factory will take you to understand. I hope it will be helpful to you.
1. The human factor is an important point in controlling welding. Therefore, before welding, skilled and certified welders should be selected for necessary technical training and disclosure. It is not allowed to replace it arbitrarily to ensure the relative stability of the welding personnel for the pipeline.
2. Machine: Welding machine: The welding machine must ensure reliable performance and meet process requirements; Welding machines require certified current and voltage meters to ensure the correct implementation of the welding process. Welding cables should not be too long, and welding parameters should be adjusted when they are too long.
3. Welding process method: Ensure strict implementation of special operation methods for galvanized pipes, conduct pre welding groove inspection for welding process, control welding process parameters and operation methods, inspect appearance quality after welding, and add non-destructive testing after welding if necessary. Control the welding level and the amount of welding material used for each pass.
4. Welding environment control: Ensure that the temperature, humidity, and wind speed during welding meet the process requirements.
5. Control of welding materials: Ensure that the purchased welding materials are from legitimate channels, with quality assurance certificates and certificates, and meet the process requirements; Strict control of electrode head recycling to ensure flow direction and dosage; Welding materials should be strictly baked according to the process, and the amount used in a single distribution should not exceed half a day.